We at Workers Direct; seek 4 upholsterers immediately for one of our clients in Twickenham, TW2.
Start Date: ASAP
Days: Monday-Saturday (5 days a week)
- Ability to sew with accuracy,
- Analyse wooden structure for flaws to make adjustments as needed prior to upholstery utilisation and other such work,
- Assembling furniture accurately,
- Attach finishing, including buttons, trims, tassels with other decorative accessories,
- Complete order as per specification,
- Experienced team with ability to work independently in specialised workroom,
- Measure to cut material into pieces with help of patterns or stencils and industrial cutting tools to precise sizes with measurements,
- Operate portable hand-sewing equipment, nail guns, hobnail and tack hammers, hot-knife cutters plus industrial equipment,
- Using power and hand tools application and installation batting, foam, poly-filler as well as cut fabric to wooden structure in assembly of furniture, and
- You also need to be experienced in hand stitching.
- Ability to design new models of sofas and curtains,
- Experience in making and stitching curtains and upholstery would be great advantage,
- Good communication skills,
- Good written and verbal English,
- Must be familiar with all types of fabrics used in curtains plus sofas structures and
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in making/designing sofas and curtains.
Please contact us if interested ASAP by forwarding your CV
Alternatively you can always email us your CV on email@example.com
Or contact us ASAP on 020 3371 7243